A moment to talk to readers and possible future readers…

   When I was younger I used to write short stories, poems and writings that seem to be a mash up of both. I may have never been able to write at a college level with proper techniques but I always found reading someone else’s writing if it became too complex it became very boring. Not because I did not understand the material, I did appreciate the effort and complexity involved but I found that through refinement you lose a lot of attention. Why try to write for only one crowd, why not write so others can enjoy and find their own meanings. You should write for yourself and express without critiquing your own work. You end up losing a lot of value in your words once you’ve edited it till every bit of intrigue is now nothing more than scientific data. I understand there may be some out there who enjoy that sort of thing, but here’s a thought.

   Say you’ve worked your way up in the world, went from having nothing to have a lot of something, then someone offers you a ballpark hot dog, seeing as you’d think you’ve come too far to eat something less you would be likely to turn it down, but why? You used to love them, nothing tasted better, even if you knew how they were made. So you shake it off and you get yourself one, and just like that you are just a person, among many, eating something most people can have, enjoying it greatly. You could have eaten at a five star restaurant but instead eating a hot dog from a cart you don’t want to ask questions about. Still good isn’t it? You don’t need everything to be refined to enjoy things in life. So I ask you, when you read my blog, take a chance, let it flow, let it bring up thoughts, have an opinion, ask your own questions. You don’t have to agree with anything I say, I merely am expressing my voice in the only way I’ve ever been able, and this is my form of communication.

   So I invite you to have yours. If you could do one thing before you go though, please leave a comment, tell a friend to have a read on at least one of my posts and if you have any suggestions, questions or insights please do not hesitate to mention. This is my first real blog, it’s not refined but it’s my world, written to you, so anyone who has read this far, thank you for stopping by and reading. If you care to learn anymore about me my name and nicknames are posted everywhere and will always lead you in a direction that I try to entertain. I have spent many years silent and I’ve recently decided someone out there could use some of my life experience to help them through some tough spots.

   I have been through a rough upbringing, been on my own 15 years, I’ve been homeless; I’ve had many instances where I thought life was over for me. I have traveled through the darkness, watched others suffer through means of drugs and alcohol and tried to help them, I’ve suffered loss and I have triumphed through many obstacles, I delivered my first child and I have raced to the hospital for the sake of a step child, I have much to give and even more to say. Through my ramblings I hope you’ll see, I’m just another person like each and every other, but I’d like to help those who are unable or afraid to speak, to know they aren’t alone.


Thanks For Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perception, Description, Interpretation: What's Love Got To Do With It?

Remembering Life

Too Much Focus Can Bring Us Underground